Thursday, March 27, 2008

"Hey look kids, Big Ben, Parliament . . ."






The first pictures are of my two favorite sights in London -- Big Ben & the Tower Bridge. Not sure what it is, just the old, beautiful architecture I guess. I did notice that all of the buildings in Seattle seem newer now compared to what we saw last week. It is amazing how well some of them have stood up to years of living, damage, & weather.

After the London Eye, we just walked around a bit. We walked by Big Ben, Parliament, Westminster Abbey (4th picture), No. 10 Downing Street (where the Prime Minister lives), then up into Trafalgar Square. Near the Prime Minister's house is many governmental buildings and lots of war monuments. I thought this "Women of World War II" one was pretty interesting.

We topped off the evening with a dinner of "gourmet" burgers & fries. We were all TIRED after a long day of traveling.

P.S. Extra credit to whoever can name what movie the title of this post is from . . .

5 comments:

Ben & Chelsea said...

Could it be National Lampoon's European Vacation?

Karlee said...

We have a winner!

Ben & Chelsea said...

Yes! I love winning! :) haha!

Anonymous said...

Just one more laugh from our trip. It seems everyday I remember something special about it. We probably could have been a movie too... Jo

Anonymous said...

We could have given the Grizwolds a run for their money! Brandon wouldn't wear the beret, though.
Jamie